Welcome to PHZ Zug
About PHZ Zug
The PHZ Zug is a component part of the University of Teacher Education Central Switzerland (PHZ) which is further located in Lucerne and Schwyz. The PHZ is a modern and internationally-orientated university.
PHZ Zug offers the following:
- Bachelor studies for teachers at pre-primary / lower primary level, for teachers at primary level (1st to 6th school year), and also Basic courses for the Master at lower secondary level (7th to 9th school year)
- Advanced studies for teachers (CAS / MAS)
- In-service Teacher Trainings
- Research and Development
- Educational Services
PHZ Zug is a college attended by approximately 300 students. Due to this small size a very special culture of co-operation, personal atmosphere and innovative methods is possible. The main focus of the teacher training is its closeness to practical school work, individual study support and teamwork.
The students experience PHZ Zug as a standard on which they can model their future professional lives. Correspondingly, the teaching-practice schools and PHZ Zug are mutual learning areas and orientation guides. Research, development and educational services at PHZ Zug guarantee that the latest academic discoveries are implemented as a trend-setting innovation into the school environment.
PHZ Zug is the teacher training college for all those who
- are looking for interesting practice areas,
- want to challenge themselves and the school,
- are open to individuality and unconventionality,
- like to work and learn within small groups,
- appreciate an expert and individual advisory service,
- are looking for a culture of cooperation and internationality.
University of Teacher Education Zug will still be administered as campus of University of Teacher Education Central Switzerland until 31 July 2013. As from 1 August 2013 PHZ Zug will continue under its new name PH Zug. From then on, the responsibility for the university will be transferred from PHZ concordat to the canton of Zug.